I Love Liver!
It’s no surprise that I love liver. After all, I’m a dog.
Every once in awhile and not often enough to suit me, Mimi brings home a package of chicken livers from the grocery store. She says that liver is good for both Hazuzu and me and she likes to feed us well.
She bought some a few days ago and decided to cook it yesterday. Her cooking method is easy; I’ve watched her many times. There is something about the smell of liver simmering on the stove that thrills me no end.
This is how Mimi cooked yesterday’s chicken liver:
1. Package of liver (either chicken or beef);
2. Oil to cook the liver in. This could be something like safflower oil, although Mimi used olive oil.
1. Warm a frying pan;
2. Pour on some olive oil;
3. Cut the chicken liver into small pieces;
4. Fry the livers until there is no pink color;
5. Let the liver cool;
6. Feed any dogs and/or cats that happen to be around;
7. Save leftovers in a container with a lid. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Mimi makes enough for the kitty and me to have about 1/2 bowl every day for a few days.